Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stopping to Smell the Flowers

Sunday, February 28, 2010:

I used to dislike Sundays. Instead of getting the Mondays, I'd get the Sundays. Regardless of what I was doing, whether it be fun or not, I had the nagging reminder that the next day is Monday and the week and all the daily grinds to come. But now, I like Sundays. I also like Mondays. And Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays,Fridays, AND Saturdays. Each day is full of possibility, routine, adventure, and work.

This evening, I was walking through the farm and I noticed how many of the fruit trees have started to blossom. The almond is blossoming and many of the plums are covered with flowers, too. As I got close to one of the trees, I noticed how amazing the flowers smell. And the flowers from each tree smell a little bit different, even flowers from different trees of the same variety. For me, the blossoming fruit trees are the first signal of spring - the first glimpse and whiff of the sweetness that is on its way in the coming months. I know I can't wait for the first peach of the year...oh man, will it be good.

Almond Blossoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment