Saturday, June 26, 2010

Defining the relationship: I'm going to be the farmer's wife

So our biggest news is that Jeff finally did the dirty deed and popped the question. Apparently he likes me a whole lot and wants to get married to me and have babies someday. I'll be honest, I'd been hinting for awhile now, but he had me pretty well convinced that he was just too busy to think about turning me into the Mrs. I wasn't taking it personally - we have been working harder than we've ever worked before and hardly have time for dinner each night, let alone deciding to get married. So it was my birthday on June 16th and I was just hoping not to get any presents that would require me to do more work (last year I was given Shosanna and Isabella, our rambunctious goats). The morning of my birthday, Jeff told me to go out to the goat barn with him and I thought, "Crap! Is it going to be a donkey? Another goat? Maybe a pig?" As soon as I entered the barn, Jeff handed me a wrapped box, which I opened to find a ring box. Still disbelieving, I thought, "Now this is a low prank...tease me with a ring box when he knows that's what I want more than anything." I kind of stood there with the ring box and he told me to open it. When I did, lo and behold, there was the most sparkly and beautiful ring I've ever seen. Me, being the classy gal that I am, asked, "Is it real?" What I meant was, "Really? You really want to marry me?" Jeff, thinking I was asking whether the ring was real, said, "Of course it's real, stupid! So, are you going to say yes?" That's when I said no....JUST KIDDING! Of course I said yes...with the goats as my witness, I eagerly, happily, ecstatically said yes to becoming Jeff the farmer's wife. So, that's the biggest farm news - we've finally, officially defined our relationship. No, I'm not an intern, nor am I just his amorphous "partner." I'm Jeff's fiance and he is mine and it is awesome!

Other exciting farm news:

  • The first Armenian cucumbers are starting to come in and they are just as good as I remembered them!
  • We ate the first ripe Early Girl tomatoes on our grassfed beef hamburgers last night and they were so good! Next on my first tomatoes of the year list: BLTs!
  • We're getting closer to opening the new and improved Redwood Empire Farm store, so keep your ears and eyes peeled for more info.

1 comment:

  1. No one ever posts comments on this thing. But this time... yea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete